Sunday 24 June 2012

Unit 3 Personal Inventory....

As I reflect on my whole body well-being, I realize there are areas of my life I tend to neglect. I am still trying to figure out if it is because I am not aware or maybe I am just not motivated enough to do anything about it. I would rate my physical wellbeing as of today at maybe a 6. Even though I don't do the physical activities I need, I do however eat extremely healthy and treat what I put in my body very serious. My spiritual well-being I would give about an 8.5. I tend to love to put a lot of time into this area of my life but for some reason I feel like I can do more, learn more and practice more of what I believe in when it comes to having a spiritual connection with my creator. I guess I am in constant search for the truth and perhaps it gets in the way of me just sitting quietly and praying or meditating on the truth that is already in my heart. I think my psychological well-being changes for me, depending on how I feel. Sometimes what we eat can put a strain on a particular organ; for instance if I am consuming things that strain my liver I will have the emotion of being easily angered or irritated. Or if I put to much strain on my kidneys I will experience the emotions of fear. Sometimes when I analyze my emotions for that day I can better figure out what supplement is essential for my body. Ok....so overall I will have to give my psychological well-being a 7.
My goal right is now is to be better at my daily organization skills. I think if I can conquer this I can do all the things I have already mapped out for myself to achieve a quantum state of well-being. I would say maybe three or four days out of the week I am able to work on my physical, spiritual and phycological well-being. I walk with my sisters and children almost every night but I would like to try and step up my physical activity by running at least half the time we are usually walking and if I can run that would also cover more of my psychological exercises as well.
As I finished up the relaxation exercise I felt the benefits of quieting my mind although it was a little frustrating at first because trying to find the time to sit and do this with out all the noise and sometimes chaos for having so many people in the house. But after a few tries I fell asleep which was the best benefit of it all!

Elissa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elissa:
    I think that is so cool that you can correlate what you have ate to an organ imbalance/emotions. I think the biggest hurdle for people being able to do this is that it takes time for food to be digested. So it maybe hours before what you ate makes you feel a particular way. This makes it difficult to determine what foods cause us to feel a certain way. I think it is awesome that you have taken the time to figure these things out!!

    ~Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a Chinese Acupuncture school for a year and learning about our emotions associated with our organs was the first thing we learned to do. :)

    Elissa

    ReplyDelete